Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day Ehiku

We did some sightseeing on Tuesday at the Kilauea Lighthouse. 
 
 
 
This area is a sanctuary for a host of Hawaiian birds. There are so many of this on this embankment that they look like white dots.  
 
 
 
Looking back towards the coast we could see the area of Princeville where we've been staying and Secret Beach.
 

 

I had to take a picture of this sign because its the office location for a t.v. show that we watch back home called, "Hawaii Life" that comes on HGTV. Its a show about families that want to re-locate to Hawaii and this real estate business will show them 3 different properties to tour and at the end of the show they purchase one of them. It was kinda neat to see the sign for it...
 

 

 
While the grans took in their first Luau, we grabbed dinner and then headed to the beach to cast off my message in the bottle from a ladies retreat from 2012.
 
 
The bottle had become a mantle piece in my home. I thought that it would be neat a year later to cast my message into the waters of Kauai =) So, I read the letter to Leon and the kids (it was a letter addressed to God regarding my hopes and dreams for our future) and then had Leon toss it into the ocean... I know,  I know... I'm a corny and sentimental kinda gal...
 
 
 
Leon said it would probably wash right back up to shore as we pulled away... lol.... It was a special moment =)

1 comment:

  1. Can I get some butter for that corn?! Naw I'm messing with you. I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete